Mumbai: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India's biggest IT consulting and services firm said it enjoyed growth from "all markets and all industries" in its second quarter to September 30, 2012.
- Volume growth at 5% driven by new service offerings
- New CFO announced: Rajesh Gopinathan to take over as CFO after S Mahalingam's retirement in February 2013
- Revenue at $2.85 billion up 13% Y-o-Y; 4.6% Q-o-Q
- Net income at $643 million up 21.8% Y-o-Y; 6.4% Q-o-Q
Highlights for Quarter Ended September 30, 2012
- Operating income at $763 million; Growth of 11.5% Y-o-Y and 1.7% Q-o-Q
- Operating margin at 26.8%
- Dividend per share of INR 3
- Earnings per share at $0.33
- Gross addition of 18,654 employees (Net addition: 10,531)
- Lowest attrition rate in last ten quarters: 11.4% (IT + BPO)
- Utilization rates at 81.6% (excluding trainees)
- 41 new clients added
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, N Chandrasekaran said, "We have delivered a strong performance with well-rounded growth across industries and geographies. Our execution excellence is winning recognition and our service offerings remain relevant for customers.
"As the global operating environment continues to evolve, there is little doubt that technology is playing a more pivotal role to shape the future of every industry than ever before. Our investments and capabilities make TCS extremely relevant to participate in imagining and co-creating this future with our customers."
Full financial details are available here.