Seoul, Paris: French IT services consultancy Atos has formed a wide-ranging global strategic partnership with South Korean electronics group Samsung.
The deal will see the two firms develop advanced BtoB offerings for large enterprises and the public sector, including end-to-end retail technology, digital signage, connected vehicles, end user cloud computing and mobility solutions.
Atos stresses that with tablet and BtoB display sales set to double by 2016, it shares a similar vision and strategy with Samsung Electronics regarding the consumerisation of IT services in enterprise markets.
- For Atos, the cooperation supports its vision of the next IT revolution that will transform the way enterprises leverage and consume IT. Big Data, Mobility and Cloud services represent significant opportunities for customers. The cooperation will allow Atos to offer its clients cutting edge solutions and services that benefit from the most advanced consumer trends.
- For Samsung, the BtoB market is a strategic focus as it looks to grow the share of its revenue in this sector. Samsung's cooperation with Atos will support its objective of providing effective solutions to enterprise markets.
Atos expects to use its expertise to deliver solutions that will help customers in retail, banking, automotive and public services realise the benefits of Samsung's innovative technology:
- Retailers will benefit from smart solutions like data-driven shopper engagement technology that provides a unique in-store experience.
- Car dealers will soon be able to offer consumers the ability to integrate their own tablet and display devices in the vehicle. Logistics and transportation sectors will further benefit from these developments as they will be able to better manage and optimize deliveries.
- Large enterprises and public administration work environments will be transformed. Secured end-user environments and BYOD ("Bring Your Own Device") solutions will facilitate the integration of tablets, mobile and light desktop in the overall infrastructure.
- Lastly, the partnership will provide end-user solutions that facilitate the deployment of devices in the private or hybrid cloud enterprise environment, based on the latest virtualization techniques.
Thierry Breton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Atos, said, "I am very pleased to announce our strategic partnership with Samsung. Today, mobility and consumer electronics are radically changing the world of IT and enable new ways of working and selling, by improving customer experience in a connected world.
"The innovative solutions we will launch with enterprise-grade services will ensure that Atos is well positioned to play a leading role in this new and growing market. The value of today's strategic cooperation is very promising for our customers as it has been designed to leverage the joint capabilities of Atos and Samsung so as to offer our clients the best one-stop-shop services."
Boo-Keun Yoon, CEO and President of Consumer Electronics Division at Samsung Electronics said, "We are delighted to announce this strategic collaboration today. In today's connected age, businesses need technology that helps them to adapt, compete and succeed; together with Atos we will deliver that technology."