London: The UK's premier showcase for outstanding consulting projects, best practice, and innovation, the MCA Awards, will break new ground next year with exciting new categories for 2013.
The new awards are for both consulting projects and outstanding individual consultants, the MCA (Management Consultancies Association) said today.
The deadline for entries is Friday 2 November 2012.
Alan Leaman, CEO of the MCA, commented, "The innovations in next year's MCA Awards reflect the breadth and quality of work now being delivered by consulting firms and recognise the vitality of our industry. These Awards go from strength to strength and we anticipate a record number of entries, both from MCA member firms and others."
- Commercial Excellence — recognising work that improves supply chains, procurement, or generates new commercial models
- Social and Environmental Value — highlighting work that delivers outstanding and sustainable benefits for society, including for the environment
- Young Consultant of the Year — given to the best performing individual consultant with less than five years' experience in the industry
- Consultant of the Year — awarded to the individual consultant who has most impressed the judges, selected from the winners of individual consultant categories.
Best new firm
- The MCA has this year created an award for the Best New Consultancy Firm, aimed at recognising start-up firms established within the last five years which have already made their mark and achieved outstanding work.
There are 11 other established project categories, along with five awards for individual consultants of the year. All the awards are judged by panel of independent and expert judges with experience of working in the private and public sectors, universities, consultancy and journalism.
Full details are available via this link.